(314) 327-5745
Call Today for a FREE Estimate!

Does My Clothes Dryer Need Cleaning?

Does my clothes dryer need cleaning? The quick answer to that question depends upon the appearance of lent on and around the dryer. If lent is found around your dryer, after leaks from the dryer vent-hose have been eliminated as the source, the dryer needs cleaning.

Dryer Motor covered in lent, fire hazard

There should never be visible lent in the area around your clothes dryer. Dryers are designed for all lent to be trapped in the lent screen or blown outside through the exhaust duct. The presence of lent means something is wrong. It could be as simple as a loose vent-hose connection or a leak in the vent line; but even a loose vent-hose connection, allowing lent out behind the dryer, can be dangerous.

The dryer draws the air it blasts out the vent-hose, in through louvers on the back of the machine. Any loose lent behind the dryer is drawn into these louvers where it can settle on the heat exchange, heating element, or dryer motor. These are all sources of heat or sparks that could ignite the lent—lent is amazingly flammable.

Even worse, lent behind the dryer could be from a totally blocked dryer vent-hose causing blowback into the dryer itself. This lint-laden blowback packs the interior of the dryer with lent and any overflow blows out those louvers where it ends up on the floor behind the dryer.

When lent builds up inside the dryer, the only safe solution is to eliminate the cause and disassemble the dryer enough to completely remove the lent. Do not wait until after it catches fire. Call (314) 327-5745, and allow Absolute Clean make your clothes dryer safe.


 

Emergency Water Removal

Emergency Water Removal

Does Your Home Smell?

Does your house smell?

Whether it is pet odors, mildew, mold, tobacco smoke or wood smoke from a faulty fireplace we have a solution to get your home back to smelling FRESH and CLEAN! Check out our OZONE page for more information about this ground breaking technology in odor removal.
“In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition.”
-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
If you suspect that you may have mold in your home give us a call TODAY at (314) 327-5745 for a FREE estimate.