The act of removing mold from a house varies greatly from house to house, so this will be an attempt to explain the steps Absolute Clean normally takes and why.
There are thousands of types of mold. Very few of them are toxic, but many can cause allergy symptoms. There are also many people who are extremely sensitive to mold. Absolute Clean has the ability to collect air and lift samples for independent lab testing to discover the types of mold and health concerns associated with them (see the Mold Testing page on this website for more).
Absolute Clean’s first step us usually to bring in as many high efficiency dehumidifiers as needed to dry out the area where the mold is growing. These units can remove gallons and gallons of water from the air every day. Mold stops growing once the relative humidity falls below 60%.
Dry Ice Blasting the New CLEAN Way to Remove Mold
Mold treatments:After the mold has been removed, our first mold treatment is to fog the entire ventilation system with an antimicrobial spray. Then we paint all scrubbed or dry ice blasted areas with a 5-year mold resistant guaranteed clear-coat paint. We use clear-coat paint so that the owners or any officials can easily inspect our work. The next treatment is to fog the entire house with an antimicrobial spray to eliminate any mold spores that have settled on any surfaces within the house. The final treatment is the use of ozone generators to kill off any remaining mold spores floating around in the rooms.
While at the end of all these steps the mold count in the house is effectively zero, it can never be totally zero. Every time someone comes inside or goes outside, new mold spores drift in. In a relatively short period of time, the mold count inside will correspond with the ambient level outside; but that level does not present a problem . . . unless a new source of interior moisture allows unrestrained growth.
Does Your Home Smell?
Whether it is pet odors, mildew, mold, tobacco smoke or wood smoke from a faulty fireplace we have a solution to get your home back to smelling FRESH and CLEAN! Check out our OZONE page for more information about this ground breaking technology in odor removal.
“In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition.”
-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
If you suspect that you may have mold in your home give us a call TODAY at (314) 327-5745 for a FREE estimate.