(314) 327-5745
Call Today for a FREE Estimate!
Some things that go bump in the night will not hurt you. Other things can be dangerous—things like furniture bumping together as they float around in a flooded basement. A flooded basement, or any other flooded room is almost always dangerous.

Floods can happen in many ways: a sewer line backup, faulty sump pump, a frozen water line, flash flooding, or storm damage. Not all of them raise the water level high enough to float furniture, but they are all dangerous to your health. They all need immediate attention.

Water Removal, 24/7

A sewer line backup supplies several dangerous components. The first one a resident should be aware of is electricity. Any electrical cords touched by the water could be waiting for someone to step into the water to complete a circuit. That is a danger you do not want to face while wading over to the fuse or circuit breaker box to shut down the power.

Sewer backups in particular, have another health danger: bacteria. While it is swimming around in the water, it is multiplying. Bacteria are an issue that needs to be addressed as soon as the water can be removed.

The next threat takes a few days to show up. The moisture from flooding creates a breeding ground for mold. Mold will grow on any organic material: drywall paper, paneling, furniture, books, wall studs, ceiling joists, clothing, etc. Once it is firmly established, the way to remove it is often by ripping out drywall, paneling, etc., and throwing away personal items. Remediation is a very expensive process that is better avoided.

Absolute Clean has the tools and experience to shut off that electricity without getting electrocuted. We can pump out that flooded basement, clean, dry and disinfect the floor and walls. We can supply as many high efficiency dehumidifiers as needed to lower the relative humidity below the level where mold can grow; but time is important. The longer water is allowed to stand, the more damage is done.

If you have a flood emergency, call Absolute Clean at (314) 327-5745 immediately. Let us stop the threat to your health before massive remediation efforts are necessary.
 

Does Your Home Smell?

Does your house smell?

Whether it is pet odors, mildew, mold, tobacco smoke or wood smoke from a faulty fireplace we have a solution to get your home back to smelling FRESH and CLEAN! Check out our OZONE page for more information about this ground breaking technology in odor removal.
“In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition.”
-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
If you suspect that you may have mold in your home give us a call TODAY at (314) 327-5745 for a FREE estimate.